Updated: May 16, 2022. Protocols listed below are effective until further notice.
WELCOMING YOU HOME, SAFELY
Planning your visit to SCU•Presents Performing Arts Center
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU AND OUR COMMUNITY
Safety First, Always! The health and safety of our patrons, employees, and artists is our top priority. In an effort to keep our community safe, we have put several safety protocols in place. Many of these safety measures came directly from you. You asked, we listened:
1. MASKS ARE REQUIRED (DISPOSABLE OR REUSABLE)
Highly recommend N95, KN95, or KF94. Be advised that performers are exempt to the mask requirement and may be unmasked during performances.
- Masks are required for every person regardless of vaccination status and must be worn at all times while inside. Based on guidance from health authorities—neck gaiters, plastic face shields, open-chin designs, triangle bandanas, and/or face coverings containing valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
- All Face coverings, whether disposable or reusable must be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material that fully cover the nose and mouth plus fit securely under the chin. They must fit snugly against the side of the face and secured with ties or ear loops that allow the wearer to remain hands-free.
- Eating and drinking will be allowed in our lobbies, but only water is allowed in the auditorium. We highly recommend you step outside into our lovely campus when eating or drinking.
- Disposable masks will be available to patrons who need a mask to attend the event. Audience members who fail to follow SCU•Presents’ COVID Safety Protocols will be asked to put on a mask or promptly leave the performance venue.
For University affiliated events (academic department or student run), children under 2 will not be admitted to the concert halls or theatre.
For community groups, children under 2 will be permitted at the discretion of the organization.
2. SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING
- We have opened the capacity of our venues and suggest that audience members keep one seat empty between each party at all performances, if available. If you would like to sit in a different location of the theatre for your level of comfort, please connect with one of the Front of House staff and they will be happy to assist in reseating you.
4. WORRY-FREE REFUND POLICY AND NO EXCHANGE FEES
- If a paid, ticketed event is canceled or postponed to protect public and community health you may request a refund from the Box Office or apply those funds to future performances.
- We are also eliminating all exchange fees at this time. Please call the Box Office at (408) 554-2396 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) within 24 hours prior to the performance to ensure we are able to exchange your ticket in a timely manner. Exchanges will be accepted up to 30 minutes before the performance.
OTHER WAYS WE ARE KEEPING YOU SAFE
- Enhanced cleaning practices have been put into place. We’ve hired extra cleaning staff for frequent cleaning and disinfection.
- We’ve placed multiple hand sanitizer stations in each SCU•Presents’ space so you can keep your hands clean and germ free!
- Breathe easy knowing that all ventilation systems in the SCU•Presents spaces meet the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
- All of our front of house and backstage staff have undergone rigorous safety training, adhere to strict safety protocols, and are required to show proof of vaccination or negative test results to come to work.
- To provide a touchless experience, we are issuing electronic (print-at-home and mobile) tickets for performances at SCU•Presents. Tickets will be mailed upon request. We recommend that patrons purchase tickets in advance either over the phone or online. Patrons will be able to purchase tickets in person, following social distancing guidelines. Please note lines can be long at the Box Office the night of the event, but the performance will start on time regardless.
- Please enjoy a digital version of the program which can be found in the Pre-Performance Email sent 24 hours prior to the event. QR codes are also available in the lobby to view the program with your phone. Limited printed programs will be available in the lobby upon request.